February 23rd, 2008 by Janene
I saw these interesting “style saving” products in a magazine. Have you seen these before?
- Thestrapper.com: a plastic “H”-shaped clasp to help with the embarrassment and annoyance of constantly adjusting your bra straps.
- I don’t really have this problem but it looks like a really handy product.
- Invisibelt.com: a clear plastic belt – minus the bulky buckle – that keeps pants smooth at the waistline so they won’t gap or bulge under tight-fitting shirts.
- I would like to try this belt. I hate it when my belt buckle sticks out under my tighter-fitting shirts.
- Zakkerz.com: small magnetic strips used to create a temporary hem for your pants.
- These look really interesting. I constantly have to have my pants hemmed. I have pants I wear with heals and pants I wear with flats but if I bought these I wouldn’t have that problem. I just wonder how they’d look on different colored pants.
Posted in Clothes | 1 Comment »
February 19th, 2008 by Janene
I made this recipe the other night and it was easy and delicious. It’s a “keeper” at our house so I thought I’d share the recipe with you.
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2″ strips
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Condensed Beef Broth
1 cup water
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 cups uncooked corkscrew-shaped pasta
1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in skillet. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Add soup, broth, water, Worcestershire and pasta. Heat to a boil. Cook over medium heat 15 min. or until pasta is done, stirring often. Add sour cream. Heat through.
Hat Tip: Campbell’s
Posted in Recipe | 1 Comment »
February 13th, 2008 by Janene
Joey and I had a lot of “Reward Points” our credit card (that we pay off monthly) and it was time to spend them. This time Joey let me pick out the reward. What a nice husband I have.
After looking at our options (and asking Joey what he thought), I decided to “order” a 5-piece luggage set. I have been wanting to upgrade my old luggage set for a while but could never force myself to spend the money to do it.
When I got home today (after driving 2 hours in the snow – going 5 mph) there was a note on the door saying there was a package on our balcony. When I saw the huge box on the balcony I knew it was the luggage. What a nice surprise.
I dragged the snow covered box in the apartment and took all the pieces out. It’s a nice luggage set. I feel sorry for the delivery guy that had to throw that over our balcony – the box weighed a ton! I think I could fit my whole apartment in this luggage set. It’s huge!
Here’s what it looks like:
Joey – I am ready for a trip now. How about a cruise? Just kidding. For now I will just keep using the credit card to get more reward points.
Posted in Fun | No Comments »
February 1st, 2008 by Janene
The other day Jessie tagged me to write about three things I love besides my husband, children or soda. Since I don’t have children and don’t like soda this shouldn’t be too hard. Right?
Wrong. While I was thinking about what I should write I came up with a long list of things I hate. I’m not sure what that means but I did come up with three things to write about. So here ya go:
- I love shopping. When I am in the mood to shop, I can spend money like crazy. I am also good at helping other people spend their money. My sister hates it when I go shopping with her – but she usually leaves the store with some cute stuff. I don’t want you to think I am frivolous with my money because I am not. I have usually planned what I am going to buy and how much I am going to spend. I like to get a good deal for things. I tend to gravitate toward signs that read “Buy 2 Get 1 Free” or “50% Off”. My husband hates it when I tell him “I saved $50″. I have often wondered what it would be like to be a mystery shopper. Doesn’t that sound like fun? (As long as it’s not fraudulent.)
- I love mentoring. My sophomore and junior year in college I was a mentor for a freshman program and loved it. I enjoyed helping the students with their assignments and all the little things that happen your first year of college. I enjoy sharing with people what I’ve learned about something or helping them through something I’ve gone through. I wonder if it has something to do with me being the oldest child?
- I recently discovered a love for painting and redecorating. I completely redid a room (carpet, paint and furniture) at my parent’s house and had a lot of fun doing it. I look forward to having a house I can decorate and try different themes. This might become an expensive habit!
I tag Cindy, Merissa, and anybody else who wants to participate in this meme.
Posted in Meme | No Comments »