June 24th, 2008 by Janene
I made these for dinner tonight. It was quick and easy and very delicious!
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 medium red or green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
16 ounces frozen cooked Italian meatballs
2 cups refrigerated marinara sauce
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
6 hoagie buns or ciabatta rolls, split
6 slices provolone cheese (6 ounces)
1. In a large saucepan, cook onion and sweet pepper in hot oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add meatballs, marinara sauce, and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
2. To serve, place provolone cheese on bottom halves of rolls. Spoon meatball mixture onto each roll. If desired, broil sandwiches 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Makes 6 sandwiches.
Hat tip: Better Homes & Gardens
Posted in Recipe | No Comments »
June 21st, 2008 by Janene
In addition to daily litter box cleanings (which Joey and I take turns doing) there is the occasional surprise from Pumpkin. Luckily Pumpkin hasn’t made too many messes but the latest mess looked like this:
I think it was an accident. Pumpkin likes to run around the apartment and I think she just bumped into the plant. She is usually really good about leaving my poor plant alone. This happened a couple days after I added some new dirt to the plant. What a mess!
I also have the monthly chore of cleaning the bird’s cage. It is a pain to clean. I have to clean part of the cage in the kitchen sink and the rest in the bathtub. Then I end up cleaning the entire kitchen and bathroom. Oh what fun.
I took this picture right before I started to clean the bird cage. I usually clean it when I have Joey around to help keep Pumpkin away but today I attempted it all by myself and the bird is still alive (darn it – just kidding!).
Posted in Odgy, Pumpkin | 1 Comment »
June 11th, 2008 by Janene
I’ve been tagged to participate in another meme. So here ya go:
- Where is your cell phone?
- Your significant other?
- Has a new girlfriend – just teasing. He got a mac computer yesterday from work. Enough said.
- Your hair color?
- Brown with blonde highlights
- Your mother?
- A full-time mom, full-time caregiver for my grandmother and a part-time RN
- Your father?
- The “knows everything” handyman
- Your favorite thing?
- Right now it’s time off from work
- Your dream last night?
- Your favorite drink?
- Water or sweetened iced tea
- Your dream/goal?
- Right now it would be to exercise more frequently
- The room you’re in?
- Your hobby?
- Cooking, blogging and reading blogs, and shopping
- Your fear?
- Gas prices going over $5 per gallon
- Where do you want to be in 6 years?
- I would like to have kids and a house
- Where were you last night?
- Spaghetti Mama’s with Bible Study friends
- What you’re not?
- Cinnamon Apple or one with fresh fruit
- One of your wish items?
- Where you grew up?
- The last thing you did?
- Called a billing company re $1,000 bill for my surgery in April
- What are you wearing?
- Your TV?
- Sometimes it’s on too much
- Your pets?
- Pumpkin (cat) and Odgy (bird)
- Your computer?
- Where I spend too much time after work
- Your life?
- Your mood?
- Your car?
- Something you are not wearing?
- Favorite store?
- Your summer?
- Your favorite color? Black – just kidding. I like lots of colors but I don’t know what my favorite color is
That was a long meme but kind of fun. I hope you enjoyed reading it.
I now tag: Jessie and Erin.
Posted in Meme | 1 Comment »
June 9th, 2008 by Janene
I updated my About page. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Posted in Site Update | No Comments »