A year ago I posted E’s 12 Month Update and now it’s time to post his 2 year update. Crazy!
Do you remember when I posted monthly comparison pictures? Well, I didn’t do anything like that this year but here is a quick 3 year comparison
His 2 year stats:
Height: 32.5″ (9%)
Weight: 24.3 lbs (9%)
A list of some of the things he is currently doing that I want to remember:
- Refers to himself as “I” but can say “E I” and “Eias”
- Says “Two” when asked “How old are you?” (Side note: if you ask him how old anybody is, he will say two)
- When I hand him something he says “tape you” for thank you. He says it quiet and quickly so you have to be listening for it to hear it
- He says “waner” for “water” – the other day I was exaggerating the “t” sound (like any good SLP mom does) and he said very seriously “I’s says waner”
- LOVES all trucks, cars, planes and trains
- Can sit at a table and drive his cars for a long time
- Knows many different vehicles by name – excavator, front loader, dump truck, bulldozer, pickup truck, garbage truck, and tanker truck to name a few
- We have construction going on by our house and every morning we have to look for the excavator.
- Sometimes he calls excavators “expirators”
- He can name many different colors accurately
- He knows the difference between big and little
- He uses “big” and “little” in funny ways – when his cup is almost empty he will ask for “big milk” or when the music is too quiet he asks for it to be “big loud”
- When he sees Aunt Kathlene’s kitten he says “Hi Gracie” in a high pitched voice
- When he pets Gracie he says “ahhh”
- He is becoming more gentle with other animals – including our cats
- However, sometimes he will dive bomb on top of Pumpkin
- He is using longer sentences everyday: “I’s touch white car”, “Garbage truck I’s hand”, “I’s watch excavator show”, “Mom get dad a car”, “Mommy play cars”
- As you can see, he rules our house and tells me and Joey what to do
- Like many first time parents, we comply with most of his requests
- He is starting to learn how to stall bedtime
- I am learning to be firm and not let him stall bedtime too long
- He is learning how to whisper. Yay!
- He will whisper in church now when we say “quiet” or “whisper” (Months ago “whisper” meant “yell as loud as you can” to him)
- When we say “pray” he will put what he is holding down and put his hands together.
- The other day I said “we need to pray for …” and he quickly put his hands together. Melted my heart.
- He can open and close doors
- Sometimes he gets very silly and just runs around in circles making crazy noises
- He is getting better at doing a somersault on the floor by himself
- He comments on what he sees in shows and at times has become frightened or upset by them
- Likes to be outside (especially with Opa)
- Enjoys swings
- Sometimes he will go down slides but he doesn’t seem to like them very much
- He learns and remembers names very quickly – he knows I am Janene and daddy is Joey
- He likes to say “hi mom” randomly when we are together
- Sometimes he will walk up to someone with his head slightly tilted and say “hi” – too dang cute!
- He is a good eater
- He especially loves Popsicles – he bites them before they even have a chance to melt
- He does not like getting his haircut. This last time he was screaming and they asked him what color sucker he wanted. He stopped screaming and quickly said “blue” and then started screaming again
- He makes me laugh all the time
I am curious what your daddy would add to this list
I love you Eli! You are such a happy kid and I love watching you grow and learn.