Here is this week’s update:
- Monday I worked my last shift at the hospital before I have the baby. I will be glad to not have to wear maternity scrubs when I go back
- Here is a picture of E playing with one of his new favorite cars. It is not a toy car but Opa let him bring it home. Joey tried to tell him it was a Volkswagen Beetle or Volkswagen Bug and E cried and said “It’s just a Volkswagen”
- Grandma Day made E some Quiet Book pages to keep him “quiet” at church. Here are a few pictures and videos of him playing with it:
Playing with the car page:
Playing with the washing machine page:
Playing with the lady bug page:
- Friday we went to the library to return some books and E had fun matching shapes at the table. On the way back to our car, E picked up some snow on his finger and said he wanted to take it in the car. It melted before he was able to get in his car seat.
- Saturday a friend of mine hosted a baby shower for me. On the way there it was snowing like crazy and I was worried that people weren’t going to come but we ended up having a nice turn out. My friend decorated her home really cute and the food was delicious. Baby sister got some fun new outfits, a few pair of shoes, some blankets, burp cloths and some bows.
I am bummed about the pictures I got from the shower. First of all, I didn’t take very many and the pictures my sister took of me unwrapping presents did not turn out very well because of the lighting. I also don’t have any pictures of me with any of the guests. I am not sure how I will fill in the “Shower” page of her scrapbook
- While I was at the shower, Joey accidentally locked E in his car. He tried to get a hold of me for the phone number to the roadside assistance but I didn’t see his call. He ended up calling a locksmith and had to pay $160 for them to unlock the car. Ouch!
- After the shower my mom, Christene and I all got pedicures. I was embarrassed by how swollen my feet and legs looked but after the pedicure my feet were much prettier. Still swollen but prettier.