Here are this week’s updates:
- Monday Baby A turned 6 months old. Time sure is flying by!
- Tuesday I came home from work and made dinner while Joey picked up the kids. I made meatballs in the oven and mashed potatoes. I accidentally added too much milk to the potatoes so they were soupy. Bummer. Then I decided to add the cold gravy to the pan that was in the 450* oven so I didn’t have to dirty another pot and that was a big mistake. The pan shattered in the oven! Big bummer! I am lucky I didn’t get hurt and all the glass was contained in the oven. I called Joey and said I ruined dinner and asked him to bring something home. I cried as I stood there trying to come up with a plan to clean it all up. It took me an hour. It was not easy. I hope I never have to do that again!
- Wednesday Grandma Day made us a dinner. I was happy to not have to cook and it was probably safer if she cooked. Thank you Grandma Day!
- Thursday Grandma O told me that E was not feeling well and he needed to poop but wouldn’t go on the potty. I had a cancellation so I bought liquid glycerin suppositories for Grandma to use (better her than me, right?) and “special underwear E can poop in” (pull-ups) and it worked. He pooped (mostly liquid) and then he acted like he felt better. I knew that wasn’t enough poop for going 6 days without pooping and was glad I had an appointment with the pediatrician the next day. I cried all the way back to work. I am beyond stressed about his pooping situation.
- Friday I took E to preschool and then we had a picnic lunch at Grandma Day’s house before our visit to the pediatrician. Baby A had her 6-month visit. She got 3 immunizations and a flu shot. It was very sad. Here are her stats:
Height: 24″ (4th Percentile)
Weight: 14.9 ozs (21st Percentile)
Head Circumference: 41.9 cm (32nd Percentile)
- During Baby A’s 6-month visit, I had a lengthy conversation with the pediatrician about E’s constipation (it was not our first conversation about this problem). He suggested we try 1 tablespoon of mineral oil mixed with yogurt 2x/day for several days and then give E a small bottle of miralax mixed with 48 ounces of liquid to help clean him out. He said that it may take 3 months to get E “regular”. I showed the pediatrician a 3-day food diary for E because I wanted show that he eats a variety of good foods (with fiber), it’s just a very limited amount. The pediatrician has told me several times that eating the right diet and exercising are the most important things to staying regular but I just feel like there is more to E’s problem. I would really like to talk to a nutritionist and a GI doc to see if there is something we are missing. Allergies? Food intolerance? Not enough liquid in his diet? Too much fiber in his diet? No enough fiber? I’d also like to know what I should be doing to help him poop? I just need a little more direction.
- Saturday E went to Little Gym with Joey and I worked that afternoon at the hospital. I went grocery shopping after work and picked up some Kefir and mineral oil. E drank it no problem and even said “mmm. That was good”. I was relieved.
- Sunday night I took this picture of Baby A and E. E is okay to have her near his toys but does not like it when she touches his things. Life around here is going to get very interesting soon.
- Sunday I made healthy fiber-filled muffins and E wanted to put icing on them. While he was putting the icing on (a little sugar won’t hurt the fiber, right?), he told me that he wanted to cut the muffin and then said “Teacher Kim told me to go back and forth”. It’s fun to hear the things he is learning at school. It makes the “trouble” of taking him there worth it. (I know it’s worth it, but I think God gives me little things like this to help me relax):
- After eating the “cupcake”, E saw his papers from school on the table and wanted to trace his lines. He then wanted me to help him write his name and it was making him very upset. I am hoping he was just tired (and/or not feeling well) because I really don’t want homework to be like this when he is older.
- I am also wondering if we have a perfectionist on our hands? I texted Aunt Christene to tell her because I saw a glimpse of her in E.