Here are this week’s updates:
- Thursday we took E to the circus. After we paid $18 for two 8″ pizzas and a 20 oz water we found our seats. We were pretty high up. As we were watching the “pre-show”, E announced “this is fun”. When the circus finally started, we moved and got closer seats since there were a lot of open seats. We all had fun and I am glad we went. Definitely worth the outrageous prices for dinner and the present Grandma O gave him money to buy. You can see videos I took of the elephants here and the cannon here.
- Friday we viewed and ordered our family pictures. They got some great pictures so I am excited to hang them on our walls (and hopefully post them here for you all to see).
- Friday afternoon we packed to go to a church retreat up Provo Canyon. There was snow on the mountains and I was worried we were going to freeze so I packed for three different seasons – spring, fall and winter since I had no idea what we were going to need. As we were driving to the retreat, I said to Joey “I don’t think we can fit another thing in this car. Good thing we didn’t need to bring your drum” and then he told me he did need to bring his drum. Oops. I called my mom and asked if she would be willing to bring it up to us. She was nice and agreed to come. Thanks Grandma!
- Friday night, Saturday and Sunday we enjoyed hanging out with our church family and just relaxed. We went on a little hike (or walk if you ask Aunt Christene) as a family and Joey and E enjoyed a campfire Saturday night and roasted marshmallows for s’mores. Baby A got lots of compliments about what a happy baby she was. She only cried a few times. She had lots of people to hold her and love on her. A few people were sick at this retreat so Joey, E and myself all came home with a head cold. Baby A didn’t seem to catch anything (yet).
- Sunday evening I went to start a bath for the kids and the knob turned but no water came out. Joey had to take the knob apart and use a pliers to turn on the water. Lovely. Glad it was not a bigger problem. Still a bummer that the knob broke.